Twitter just announced the launch a major visual overhaul across all platforms, and the update’s rolling out to all users as we read this post. This is completely a overhaul at the design front and does not new to the tech. The Twitter experience remains the same, as we know it.
Today, with lots of feedback and ideas from you, we’re refreshing our product too and making it feel lighter, faster, and easier to use. – Twitter.
Here’s what Twitter’s bringing new with the visual overhaul:
- Rounded avatars everywher, at a first glance. The design team’s made all the elements have rounded edges.
- Links on iOS would now open with the Safari viewer. This enables your account login status to remain the same on websites you have logged into.
- Refinded typography for a better look. Bolder texture to project headlines. We all know how Twitter’s love affair with typography has been all these days.
- Reply icon does look like a back button anymore. They have replaced it with a bubble-like icon to project better understanding on what the button does to new Twitter users.
- Reply, retweet and like counts update in real-time now on mobile apps. Does not work on Twitter Lite or Twitter.com though.
Profile, additional accounts, settings, and privacy – all in one place! A new side navigation menu and fewer tabs at the bottom of our app = less clutter and easier browsing. You told us you loved this change on Android last year and we’re excited to now bring it to iOS. – Twitter.
Update: Another major feature that we have noticed is that, Twitter’s adding a dedicated Moments tab to your Twitter profile. Login on desktop to see that.
Twitter’s currently rolling out this update to all users. You should be able to see this live sometime soon if you don’t have it yet.